IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

If the straight fairy offered to turn you straight, would u accept?

Yes
28%
No, but if it came when i was 18 yes.
18%
No
54%

Total votes : 111

Postby Rune » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:49 am

I have to say no. It is one of the main sources of challenge in my life now, and although it would be far easier and more comfortable to be straight, it gives me a reason to laugh at myself for my incompetence at dealing with it as I should. It makes me recognize my weaknesses and humbles me. Until this, there was nothing about myself that I had to hide from anyone and was always arrogant and judgemental about people who felt they did. Now, I can't even man up and tell my parents, and I look at myself and laugh at my own incompetence in something that seems so simple. Just ... utter a few words! Done! Bahahaha. It is actually quite refreshing.

Unfortunately I'm tempted to also say yes, because the "gay" scene is really not for me mostly :( I do not fit in very well there, and I'm beginning to lose hope of finding a monogamous non-flaming (sorry :P ) partner who is not overdramatic or high-maintainance. /sigh, if I wanted drama and high maintainance I would not be looking to guys, damnit!
Rune

Postby Gaydudelaf » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:17 pm

Now that I am married I would probably not
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Postby HaloGrinder » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:10 am

If given a choice... I'd rather be gay.
HaloGrinder

Postby nitroike » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

No, women are annoying selfish and demand way too much out of men.

I always felt sorry for straight guys having to put up with their crap, I'm perfectly happy being attracted to men.
nitroike

Postby nitroike » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Society's mainstream? Would I be confused to say what you are looking for is a gay republican, or a closeteer? o_o;;
nitroike

Postby Social_Hell » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Frizzurd wrote:Neither women or men find me attractive. Well some guys find me bearable in that i can play with him and get off kind of way but thats it. I dont know what its like to be hit on. If they ever do a live action Simpsons maybe i could play Moe

Interesting, untill I moved to the middle of know where I had no troubles, I don't think I am particularly hot or handsome, despite what I have been told. I would think my personality is why people seem to love me. The anti gay paranoia is bad here, so that alone makes it hard. Usually when I do find someone they want me to top. Sometimes I wouldn't mind trying vers.... But everyone seems to be a bottom here.

Good luck man
Oh if thats your picture, you are a good looking man...
OMG you are such a fag.
Social_Hell

Postby Texas_Thang » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Well suggest versatiility?
I mean you're right, it's difficult in the middle of nowhere, but it can be done.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby triumphtr2 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:30 am

NO....I have never had a problem with my sexual preferences and still don't. I'm perfectly happy as I am and wouldn't change anything.
triumphtr2

Postby chidiver » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:20 pm

While shopping for stocking stuffers today i thought to myself, "It is very unlikely that sex toys would be well received by a woman". I smiled, OK grinned.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby triumphtr2 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:45 am

Hey chidriver...
I like toys!!! Well, some of them anyway! :oops:
triumphtr2

Postby olywaguy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:25 pm

chidiver wrote:While shopping for stocking stuffers today i thought to myself, "It is very unlikely that sex toys would be well received by a woman". I smiled, OK grinned.

I think if you gave her sex toys, she would think you were interested in her...then you would be up a creek.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Westwood » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:50 pm

Even in the middle of nowhere, when you're least expecting it, you can find the right one. I live 30 miles from anywhere and 60 miles from somewhere on a ridge in the Ozark Mountains. Lo and behold two years ago I met Don on the internet! In these two years we've yet to have a cross word, living and working together 24 hours a day. I inherited a wonderful daughter and grand daughter and life is fine! His family is accepting and supportive and love us for who we are. Mine came around years ago except my oldest sister and she's finally well also.

Be straight? Nope, have been gay for 55 years and I like it this way. Hang in there!
Who wills, can.
Who tries, does.
Who loves, lives!
Westwood

Postby catapult » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:43 pm

You have to realize that this change would mean that you would feel the same way about women as you now do about men. That would be part of the deal with the changeman. So why wouldn't you go for it? Most would say they wouldn't because they dig guys so much. But with this you would just dig girls with the same enthusiasm. So all you would be missing would be the persecution! Maybe we like the challenge. We like being the rebel, the maverick, the unique one. Maybe we like being different. That's cool.

Of course it's just hypothetical. What if the question were, if you could have the straight fairy make homosexuality the acceptable norm for the society, would you wish for that? Or have him erase ALL ideas of acceptable and non-acceptable norms and have sexuality be a non-issue. Now that would be a perfect world.

Happy Holidays!
catapult

Regarding the poll

Postby touger8 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Yes, if the straight fairy can turn me straight, I would want to be, without a doubt.
touger8

Postby Joey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:37 am

No I don't think I would; I like liking guys hah, I guess because I don't know what it's like to like girls. Also, I think it's more interesting than a more common straight life.
Joey

Postby Laiku » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 am

I wouldn't today. When I was 18 maybe. But one reason for sayin g no today would be, why she didn't show up earlier. And lets face it, im 25 now and now turning straight would mean I would have to learn how to sexually please a woman from scratch and it was already a lot of work to learn how to please a man :lol:
Laiku

Postby dracuscalico » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:12 pm

If you did let the "straight fairy" wave the magic wand to make you straight. You would probably need to move somewhere else rather than deal with the gay community trying to "undermine" your transition into a different lifestyle.

They will try to sabotage your relationships and spill your beans about your past life, feigning concern for her or it being "a mistake" because they thought you'd told her already.

The gay community is ALL FOR someone going from straight to gay because it means fresh meat, but if someone goes from gay to straight, SUDDENLY they go into the you can't change who you are line of talk, and you should stay true to yourself. In other words, don't leave them behind, because misery oves company and they'll be damned if you're gonna live a different life like you're BETTER than they are... :roll:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby trdsf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm

No, no, no. I am happy with who I am. For that matter, I was married to a woman, I do know what I'm missing, and I don't miss it.
"You think the humans think we are strange, you think?" -- Lattis to Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
trdsf

Postby michaelk69 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 pm

No way, but thanks for the offer.

Totally happy and completely fulfilled as I am, with a great partner, two loving families (his and mine), loads of nieces and nephews, and a circle of open-minded and accepting friends.

Not sure what else I could ever wish for?
michaelk69

Postby mrbrian200 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:16 am

Absolutely not.

I would consider such a proposition equivalent to how most str8 men would react to the thought of having their penis cut off.

Just because some "fairy" could magically make me physiologically responsive to women still doesn't mean I'd know what to do with one, or be genuinely be interested considering my life experiences.

The argument that str8 life is easier is flawed. Most men (over 30, divorced, remarried, or past the newlywed phase) talking about their involvements with women readily profess that it's not at all it's cracked up to be. In this day/age just because someone is str8 doesn't mean they are any more likely to feel accepted by society than any of us.
My dachsund is cuter than your boyfriend.
mrbrian200

Postby Phoenix6570 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Never... I have no issues with being attracted to men so I would rather stay that way. I think men are much more appealing in just about every way, so there would be no reason for me to switch to woman.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby ProgPirate » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:25 am

I definitely would turn straight. I hate being gay most of the time.
ProgPirate

Postby michaelk69 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 am

ProgPirate wrote:I definitely would turn straight. I hate being gay most of the time.

Hi ProgPirate, and welcome to the Board - although I was sorry to read your post!

Can you tell us a little more? Why you hate it (most of the time)?
michaelk69

Postby lazyrascal » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm

This whole topic actually reminds me of the movie X-men : The Last Stand (which I've watched over a sextillion times)....instead of a cure for mutants there would be a cure for homosexuality.

I would be like Archangel played by Ben Foster.
I can just imagine my dad walking me down to a "gay cure" clinic, nurses strapping me down to a medical bed, me telling my dad "uh I dunno about this pops I perfectly fine being gay", and him replying "it's ok son we've talk plenty about, we both agree its the right thing to do," ......"uh seriously dad thats quite a big needle.........NO WAY JOSE!!!!! Burst through the straps, spread my wings, jump out the window and fly away.

THE END

[/b]
lazyrascal

Postby PhillyAgenda » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 pm

hey lazyrascal, I get that too

The parallels of the mutants in X-Men and gays comes through pretty clear in the films. Remember in the second film, Iceman (Bobby) essentially "comes out" to his parents about being a mutant. And the mother asks him "Bobby, have you tried not being a mutant?" Also worth noting that the director of the first two films, Bryan Singer, is a gay man himself.
PhillyAgenda

PreviousNext

Return to Straight Acting Men