IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

If the straight fairy offered to turn you straight, would u accept?

Yes
28%
No, but if it came when i was 18 yes.
18%
No
54%

Total votes : 111

Postby noeasilver » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:33 am

I have the same mentality as Frizzurd, no one has ever hit on me and I have never had the gut to hit on anyone that i actually find attractive. I would defintely choose YES without any hesitation. I just want to be normal and to be accepted. The closet is a dark and a lonely place.
noeasilver

Postby aus_dude » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:48 am

yea, like alot of u i want to be "normal and accepted". I want to be able to have a family, and walk down the street with my partner without snide remarks etcetc.

And considering how few people are gay, the choice in partners is alot smaller also; so more chance of having to "settle for this one" rather than find the one best for u.

hopefully teh fairy will turn up, or i'll do a 'reverse ben' and go from gay to straight all of a sudden.
aus_dude

Postby blu » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 am

screw normal and accepted, it doesnt matter as long you can accept yourself 8) .

I like being diffrent.
blu

Postby buccoman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:34 am

I hate to be overly pragmatic here but, guys, there ain't no straight fairies. :lol: It's an absurd hypothetical to even consider becoming straight if you're gay.
buccoman

Postby noeasilver » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:02 pm

maybe instead of a fairy(who is already gay him/herself), it should be somekind of neuromedical procedure. Now that sounds feasible.
noeasilver

Postby Davy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:39 pm

buccoman wrote:I hate to be overly pragmatic here but, guys, there ain't no straight fairies. :lol: It's an absurd hypothetical to even consider becoming straight if you're gay.

Maybe there is no "fairy" but here's the secret: If you don't like being gay, you date a woman. If you like it, you continue to do it. If you don't like it, then you don't. There's no conversion therapy or religious indoctrination that can make you attracted to something you are not. The only way to see if the grass really is greener on the other side is to hop the fence and have a look.

But the point of this thread is not whether you actively want to be straight. The question is IF there was a straight fairy or some sort of pill you could take, would you do it? Keep in mind that many of the people who answered "yes" couldn't be straight if they wanted to.
Last edited by Davy on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davy

Postby stuslegend » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:34 pm

blu wrote:screw normal and accepted, it doesnt matter as long you can accept yourself 8) .

I like being diffrent.

QFT

id rather be proud of what i am, rather than desperatly trying to be something im really not, just to fit in
“I believe Man made God, out of ignorance and fear
If God made man, then why the hell would he put us here?
I thought he's supposed to be the all loving
The same God who let Hitler put the Jews in the oven” –Dead Prez
stuslegend

Postby qwertz » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:49 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Well....trouble with these theoretical questions is they ignore reality. The reason women find me attractive is probably because I am gay. So if I wasn't gay, they wouldn't blah blah blah....

Things aren't as bad as I made it sound, Paul. I have a large extended family here. But I have been wishing I lived further south this week. The weather has not been kind.... :evil:

With women you only need to show some lack of interest and they become over overoveroverinterested. It is TERRIBLE. It is TERRIFYING. It is ABSOLUTELY, ABSOLUTELY, ABSOLUTELY... If only one perfectly ugly guy could do that.
qwertz

Postby Frizzurd » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:24 am

Yes i cant make myself straight. This is a fantasy what if question. but if so i would as i see my being gay as a cause of a lot of my unhappyness. Wether i repress it or try to find mr right im damned if i do, damned if i dont.
Frizzurd

Postby blu » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:24 am

straight people are the cause of my unhappiness most of the time :?
blu

Postby GX » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:25 am

And fags are usually the cause of my unhappiness...with all their drama and woe is me stories. :lol:

Who gives a sh*t really. You just try to adapt to life as best you can.
GX

Postby foxeyes2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:26 am

If the Straight Fairy showed up I would pull out my "magic wand" and sprinkle him and make him gay.
Last edited by foxeyes2 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are all one tribe. We are all one people.
Reduce Reuse Recycle
foxeyes2

Postby Frizzurd » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:18 pm

hahah look whos talking
Frizzurd

Postby blu » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 pm

GX wrote:And fags are usually the cause of my unhappiness...with all their drama and woe is me stories. :lol:

The usual conformative prisoner :roll: .
Im not a bird with a pointy beak, so I wont be adapting to anything.
blu

Postby GX » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:19 am

How can acting the way you've always acted be conforming? If i'd taken up waving rainbows, changing my lifestyle to fit a more gay ideal, etc. ... that would have been conforming.
GX

Postby blu » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:16 am

GX wrote:How can acting the way you've always acted be conforming? If i'd taken up waving rainbows, changing my lifestyle to fit a more gay ideal, etc. ... that would have been conforming.

I just dont understand the push to fit in, um hello we are gay, we are diffrent. But you want to cover that up becauseyourjustlikeeveryone else, and feel content with blending. Thats such a waste of personal expression. You keep mentioning rainbows, I hardly ever see any. The only people who really wave rainbows, wear the bracelets, keychains, happen to be lesbians.
blu

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:53 pm

blu wrote:
GX wrote:How can acting the way you've always acted be conforming? If i'd taken up waving rainbows, changing my lifestyle to fit a more gay ideal, etc. ... that would have been conforming.

I just dont understand the push to fit in, um hello we are gay, we are diffrent. But you want to cover that up becauseyourjustlikeeveryone else, and feel content with blending. Thats such a waste of personal expression. You keep mentioning rainbows, I hardly ever see any. The only people who really wave rainbows, wear the bracelets, keychains, happen to be lesbians.

So... "being yourself" means that one has to make a conscious efforts of being different?
That sound more to me like trying to be original, and that's not the same.

I think what GX is saying, is that it's all people are not the same.
We don't share the same thrills and dreams - and we certainly don't share the same ideals.

Taste the words.
"Being yourself", means to do what you feel is right for you, yes even if the result is blending in
and being what others may consider un-original.

Otherwise you are NOT being yourself - you conform into something somebody else thinks you should be.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby edu999 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Good points, Ben.

With regards to GX's post, though...

GX wrote:And fags are usually the cause of my unhappiness...with all their drama and woe is me stories. :lol:

That post sort of contradicts itself... because if you TRULY don't give a sh*t, then the "fags" cannot cause you any unhappiness, because what they say and think would have no effect on you.
edu999

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:25 pm

59%. You must be crazy, guys.
qwertz

Postby Davy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:34 pm

I demand a recount...lol
Davy

Postby Screamer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:00 pm

qwertz wrote:59%. You must be crazy, guys.

Is that too many, or not enough?

Personally, I would accept either answer, but, like an essay question on an exam, you'd need to cite evidence to support your answer. Especially if the answer is "no" because I wouldn't believe that being gay was never painful or at least inconvenient for you. Then, you should have some idea why a person would say "yes" even if that's the wrong answer. But if it's explained well enough, either answer could make sense to me.
Screamer

Postby Screamer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:02 pm

I didn't vote, by the by. The middle answer caught my attention because at 18 I was more optimistic than I am now. I mean I knew how cruddy life could be for a minor, but the particular varieties of adult crud couldn't have been too real at 18.
Screamer

Postby Beamer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Voted yes - If given the chance, I would immediately accept that offer.
Beamer

Postby devilnuts » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Not a snowball's chance in hell I would. Sorry, but this is who I am and if other people don't like it, well, they can suck a fat one. That would be like asking a tiger if it would like to trade it's stripes in for spots. Why don't you just ask if the skin color fairy showed up, or the hair color fairy, or while we are at it, the eye color fairy.

And for those that have said yes...well, we won't go there...that would end up opening a whole different can of worms.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby J » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 pm

Davy wrote:Maybe there is no "fairy" but here's the secret: If you don't like being gay, you date a woman. If you like it, you continue to do it. If you don't like it, then you don't. There's no conversion therapy or religious indoctrination that can make you attracted to something you are not. The only way to see if the grass really is greener on the other side is to hop the fence and have a look.

But the point of this thread is not whether you actively want to be straight. The question is IF there was a straight fairy or some sort of pill you could take, would you do it? Keep in mind that many of the people who answered "yes" couldn't be straight if they wanted to.

I like how this guy thinks. Tell it like it is, skip the bullsh*t.
J

PreviousNext

Return to Straight Acting Men