IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

If the straight fairy offered to turn you straight, would u accept?

Yes
28%
No, but if it came when i was 18 yes.
18%
No
54%

Total votes : 111

IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Postby aus_dude » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:55 am

In another thread someone said something like "If the straight fairy showed up and offered to turn you straight, would you accept it?"

Well; thats the question. Would you?
aus_dude

Postby michaelk69 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:00 am

i think it's an interesting question, but i'd say no.

Being gay is a part of me, and it is part of who i am . . . trying to imagine myself being straight is kind of hard, as it would be a totally different person in a lot of ways . . .

I think I would politely decline :-)
michaelk69

Postby Negate » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:43 pm

Nah it would make life too easy! *ducks* lol
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby edu999 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:03 pm

Nope.
edu999

Postby qwertz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:38 pm

NO NO NO NO NO
qwertz

Postby furface » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm with michael on this one. I'm gay and it's part of who I am. To change that would radically change the person I am. There's no point to that for me.

Now it hasn't been easy, and to my alleged mind, it shouldn't be easy; but I wouldn't change anything that formed the person I am.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby Screamer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:24 pm

I'd accept the offer. Yes, that would be changing a part of me and by extension the rest of me. I'd be happy about that too. As a child, I probably would have given anything to be somebody else. I'm not a child now but still I have to fight against that kind of thinking.

Also, if I weren't single - then no, that would be cruel.
Screamer

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:49 am

I'd accept. I've had alot more romantic interest from women in my life than men. So if I was straight, I'd probably be happily married right now and not alone.

I also find sex with men a little icky. I don't like anal sex at all.

Socially, I find men kind of boring. So I really think I would be happier as a straight guy.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby aus_dude » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:16 am

6 months ago.. i would've said yes with no hesitation.

but now; that i am coming to terms with myself, my sexuality, and who i am... i really dont know.
I know life would be much easier, i wouldnt have to do some 'coming out' to my deeply religious family. I would be able to have a family, have kids! someone to leave an inheretence to. I really think that if i fully accept being gay, find a partner and settle down, when im 50 im gonna look back on my life, i will have no children, and i will just think i have wasted my life. For some reason, raising a family seems to be such a great goal of mine; but it is irreconcilable with who i am. I dont even think that gays should be allowed to adopt children;
for 1 the child would be teased at school
and 2 i think a mother and father is the best thing a child can have.
I guess; ive realised that i would still say 'yes' 'yes make me straight PLZ'.

and inferably, i will never be happy with how i am. At least not until my response can be "fuk off fairy- leave me alone"
aus_dude

Postby JakeMIke » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:20 am

Absolutely not!! And isn't the term "straight fairy" an oxymoron?

:lol:
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby Frizzurd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:56 pm

Damn right i would accept! Its like being retarded and wishing you were normal. Then i could feel that i have honor and not be under the dark, disgusting cloud that the gay community casts over us. Being straight has so many plusses to it i cant list them all. Then i could laugh and spit on all those wretched queens as theyre spells no longer work on me. I could laugh at gay jokes and not get uptight even if they go so low as to say we all deserve aids. My chances of finding a sane person that wants what i want are much larger as for some reason most gay people choose to throw away morality because they think what they are is already bad therefore, they might as well.
Frizzurd

Postby HomesickAlien » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:50 pm

aus_dude wrote:I dont even think that gays should be allowed to adopt children;
for 1 the child would be teased at school
and 2 i think a mother and father is the best thing a child can have.
Kids will be teased no matter what. If they wear glasses or braces, if they're smart, dumb, fat, skinny, tall, short, bi/gay, have different coloured skin, suck at sports, like to read, and it goes on and on, they will be teased. Being teased about their gay parent(s) is another thing on the list.

BTW, I used to agree with your viewpoint when I was younger. I don't anymore. If someone can provide a loving and nurturing environment for their kids, let 'em at it. That will more than likely be enough for the kid to overcome any adversity presented in childhood. Be it a single parent household or not, it's the quality of the parenting that matters the most.

At any rate, that's how I see it.
HomesickAlien

Postby Texas_Thang » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:53 pm

Earl Butz wrote:I'd accept. I've had alot more romantic interest from women in my life than men. So if I was straight, I'd probably be happily married right now and not alone.

I also find sex with men a little icky. I don't like anal sex at all.

Socially, I find men kind of boring. So I really think I would be happier as a straight guy.

Earl, as cliched as it sounds, I'm wagering you just haven't met the right person.

You have a wicked, dry sense of humo(u)r, and I presume you look nothing like your avatar, and you're in your..what..early 40s?

You're actually YOUNG, by most standards, honestly. I'd say get out of Alberta. I don't know if Alberta truly IS the Texas of Canada, but 'round here, unless you're in Dallas, Houston, Austin, Galveston, or San Antonio, you're a persona non grata.

I voted no.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby HomesickAlien » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Oh, and if the straight fairy showed up I'd steal its fairy dust and make it gay haha.
HomesickAlien

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:33 am

Well....trouble with these theoretical questions is they ignore reality. The reason women find me attractive is probably because I am gay. So if I wasn't gay, they wouldn't blah blah blah....

Things aren't as bad as I made it sound, Paul. I have a large extended family here. But I have been wishing I lived further south this week. The weather has not been kind.... :evil:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Texas_Thang » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:48 pm

Oh I'm not saying south - West or East is fine too.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby Negate » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 am

What's the opposite of Bi Asexual?!!?!!???!!??

All jokes aside I would love to be Asexual. I've gone this long w/o a mate I think I could handle it.
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby J » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:42 am

Negate wrote:What's the opposite of Bi

Let's not go there, I fear yet another annoying episode of the (you know what, ur, who) on a like subject, and yet another "first explanation" (something like the 5,000th first redundant explanation).
J

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm going back and forth in opinion on this one. A part of me would love to have my old life back. A life of... well, normalcy, non-minority.

Life was so much easier back then. I looked at girls/women and craved. And craved, and yearned. In fact, like most regular str8 guys, pretty much the only thing I did back then was to crave - with a break every now and then when finally hooking up with somebody for a few months. I guess I was never BF material to girls, because I had to work my ass off just to get them to notice me - until I started playing on the other side of the field that is. Oh hell, now they court me like never before. Sometimes I wanna ask 'em where the hell were all you fine looking women when I actually wanted you?

No... all thing considered, dispite having to hide from my family and friends, I chose "No". When I came out to myself I finally felt like a man and not a boy. That was a totally awesome feeling.

And last but certainly not least, I got someone very special now.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby Donovan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:28 pm

I voted YES. I really don't care if I am with a guy or a girl as long as I am happy when I am with him or her. What ultimately matters is whether I am happy or not, and if I can be happily and sexually attracted to a girl then it's fine with me. And saying things like turning myself straight is gonna make me miss out all the great experience I could have with a guy is like saying straight guys are missing out all the fun for not being gay. And since I have never had a boyfriend, I don't think I will miss out much.
The essence is not in the details, but in one's intentions. I may be a bit rough around the edges, but I have good intentions.
Donovan

Postby intheshadows5 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:21 pm

i suppose it would make things a lot less complicated. i just might take up the offer.
intheshadows5

Postby Davy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:29 pm

After much deliberation, I voted yes. Not so much because gay people face hate and discrimination (I have personally never encountered much of that), but because as I reach the age where most of my family and friends are settling down and having families of their own, I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out. But on the other hand, I really don't think my life is all that bad.
Davy

Postby Frizzurd » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:37 pm

Neither women or men find me attractive. Well some guys find me bearable in that i can play with him and get off kind of way but thats it. I dont know what its like to be hit on. If they ever do a live action Simpsons maybe i could play Moe
Frizzurd

Postby blu » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:03 pm

Frizzurd wrote:Neither women or men find me attractive. Well some guys find me bearable in that i can play with him and get off kind of way but thats it. I dont know what its like to be hit on. If they ever do a live action Simpsons maybe i could play Moe

If you own a bar and hit on Marge while Homer isnt around... :roll:

I think your sexy 8)
blu

Postby Davy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:39 pm

I agree. Frizzurd's not a bad looking guy at all. I'd hit on him if I were single.
Davy

Next

Return to Straight Acting Men