IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

If the straight fairy offered to turn you straight, would u accept?

Yes
28%
No, but if it came when i was 18 yes.
18%
No
54%

Total votes : 111

Postby lazyrascal » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 pm

PhillyAgenda wrote:hey lazyrascal, I get that too

The parallels of the mutants in X-Men and gays comes through pretty clear in the films. Remember in the second film, Iceman (Bobby) essentially "comes out" to his parents about being a mutant. And the mother asks him "Bobby, have you tried not being a mutant?" Also worth noting that the director of the first two films, Bryan Singer, is a gay man himself.

Yeah..I mean thats one of things I love about X-men movies, you could take out that word mutant and stick in the word gay and it would still work. It sorta shows people how life is like for gays and lesbians.

I didn't know the director was openly gay though. Thanks for noting that. :D
lazyrascal

Postby DeckApe » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 am

This morning, after two cups of coffee, the irony of the concept of a "straight-fairy" just hit me.

That's all; carry on. :D
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Re: IF the straight-fairy showed up....

Postby medic » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 pm

If the fairy or the procedure happened now, I dont think so. I would feel like i was betraying myself. But i will say, the sh*t should have happened at birth, This gay sh*t should never have happened. But hey it did, so....

I want to amend this: Would I have prior knowledge of my gay life and struggles? If not, then yes, change me. If yes, then no.

g
Dont let the bastards win!
medic

Postby Drew » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Yup, I would accept. I've never really felt 'gay'... I love the things that being 'straight' offer. I don't think I could ever dance with a man, but I sure as heck could get down on all fours for the right guy. Maybe if I met a man who loves the outdoors and sports, beer and cigars and doesn't care for Broadway shows, musicals, and entertainment news then I might change my mind. In my life coming out right now is too complicated and I'm not really sure I want to spend my life waking up next to another man every morning. But to each his/her own.

That said I don't hold it against anyone if they like musicals, etc.
:lol:
Drew

Postby PhillyAgenda » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Drew wrote:Yup, I would accept. I've never really felt 'gay'... I love the things that being 'straight' offer. I don't think I could ever dance with a man, but I sure as heck could get down on all fours for the right guy. Maybe if I met a man who loves the outdoors and sports, beer and cigars and doesn't care for Broadway shows, musicals, and entertainment news then I might change my mind. In my life coming out right now is too complicated and I'm not really sure I want to spend my life waking up next to another man every morning. But to each his/her own.

That said I don't hold it against anyone if they like musicals, etc.

Do you want a relationship with a man or could you be happy with a woman? Or is this one of those situations where you like the sex with men, but want a relationship with a woman?

If by gay you mean something like the stereotypical gay dude on any given TV show over the past 10 years, then yeah I think a lot of us have never felt 'gay'. My closest friends are all straight, and yeah I've noticed that being 'straight' or whatever is not so complicated or limiting in what you can do openly. Honestly though, I've never given the dancing issue any thought.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there into those things you mentioned, and others just not into the musical/broadway/tmz junk. I'm not really into any of those so much, more the action/horror/sci fi/ movie freak, chill in house or go bowling type of guy. But I'd probably feel more comfortable with the sports/outdoorsy type. Finding the masculine types seems to be the hard part, since many of us are apparently walking around assuming the other masc guys we meet are always completely straight. I honestly haven't met one guy in person first. Every guy I've been with, we connected through the internet first. Another big difference from being 'straight' at least for me.

I think I already answered this one, but it's still no. Years ago woulda said yes, I hated it and myself. And all the sh*t people get for being into the same sex still pisses me off. But I like being into men, and I don't want to change myself to make other people feel comfortable and justified with their own irrational prejudice.
PhillyAgenda

Re:

Postby Donovan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 am

JakeMIke wrote:Absolutely not!! And isn't the term "straight fairy" an oxymoron?

I can just imagine someone dressed as a "Straight Fairly" to a Halloween costume party !!! Ha, Haha, HaHaHa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The essence is not in the details, but in one's intentions. I may be a bit rough around the edges, but I have good intentions.
Donovan

Postby edu999 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:22 pm

No way, if for no other reason than I don't think I would ever want to be in a romantic relationship with a woman. They're too much work.
edu999

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Oh man, you got that right! But she says I'm too much work.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Straight Acting Men