Body Hair

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Postby Texas_Thang » Wed May 31, 2006 10:59 pm

mac wrote:Speaking of back hair...

I'm still not particularly fond of it (I used to really hate it) but that little furry patch on the lower back that appears to be more related to hairy legs than a hairy torso seems to be a different matter (is the 'wrong-sided treasure trail' Smitty was talking about the same thing?). I rather like that though I have no idea why and though it probably is rather odd and inconsistent to do so... but oh, well...
Does anybody else have an opinion about that?

(When I saw something like that for the first time I thought :shock: "Is that supposed to be the remnants of a tail, or what?" :shock: And then I remembered how artist often put satyr's/faun's tails rather high on their backs.

That IS the reverse trail spoken of earlier.... i.e. the same as the treasure trail, just in the back.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby Beamer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:03 am

I never really had hair on my back until a few years ago. Yeah, wasn't very happy when I noticed that happening. It's too hard to maintain so unless I'm going on vacation or plan to have my shirt off, I leave it alone. On another guy, it depends on whether it looks good on him or not.. but if given the choice, I would prefer a nice smooth back. On him and on me :)
Beamer

Postby suede » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:06 pm

If i had the time/inclination to do so ill spend the time being a contortionist with a razor and take care of the thick patch just below my neck in back. Its sparse, curly and bugs me.

Eh, genetics are annoying. My foreheads hair is receding, below the back of my neck is now hairy, my chest looks like its carpeted, my legs/thighs/ass are moderate and my arms are nearly hairless. LOL

Still, in a perverse way, ill kinda dig it when my hair recedes so much i can give up and shave it off, just keeping the biker goatee. The first gay man i ever truly idolized had that look, always stuck with me.
"harleys, hondas, fishing, shooting, raves, rods and er..teddy bears"
suede

Postby rovie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:41 am

Smitty
Not sure about that, but there is hope for your ears.

Yeah, still no hair on back or chest but have noticed the stubborn appearance of hairs in my ears already. Pincers are great for that though :D
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby Smitty » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:00 am

rovie wrote:Smitty
Not sure about that, but there is hope for your ears.

Yeah, still no hair on back or chest but have noticed the stubborn appearance of hairs in my ears already. Pincers are great for that though :D

Hahaha! Yeah, well... with ear hair comes nose hair - and I'm not talking nostril hair, which seems to get longer and coarser - I'm talking hair ON your nose. Ekkk! At the risk of making a reference to archaic media influences, to quote Chester A. Riley, "What a revolting development this is." :shock:
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby Screamer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:36 pm

I have a little affection for the subject of hair, because it seems that people don't get what they want - if they want it, it's not enough, but it surely turns up when it isn't wanted, and if you try to control it, it will come back. So I think of it an emblem for something or other.
Screamer

Postby rovie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:27 am

That makes so much sense it's scarey

When I was in my teens and 20s I wished I was really hairy because I liked hairy blokes. Now I accept that I'll never be hairy (except for legs and arms) and I like really hairy guys and really non-hairy guys too.
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby Ben » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:26 pm

As a lover of bodyhair, I say keep your body hair buddy. If somebody is shallow enough to complain about something like that, he is always gonna find something new to bitch about anyway.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby Brandon » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:54 am

La, la, la....

"...let it grow, let it grow, let it grow! "
Brandon

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:42 pm

rovie wrote:That makes so much sense it's scarey

When I was in my teens and 20s I wished I was really hairy because I liked hairy blokes. Now I accept that I'll never be hairy (except for legs and arms) and I like really hairy guys and really non-hairy guys too.

That makes total sense also.
It's only natural that we wanna look like our objects of desire and preferences. We also think we have our ideal partner but when we finally meet a person, we find that he has maybe only one of those physical qualities or none. Doesn't really matter when the personal chemistry is just right.

I always thought I'd end up with a bearded guy, since I'm absolutely beard crazy. Russ will never grow a beard since it gives him a serious rash, (sorry about the info Russ :P ) and I would never wanna put him through that. No beard, yet I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone.

My theory is that if somebody has a thing against hairy backs, he could very well find himself not caring one bit just as long as the personal chemistry between him and his guy is perfect.
That's at least how my brain works.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Ben wrote:It's only natural that we wanna look like our objects of desire and preferences.

I didn't realize how true this was, but I would never date myself. Thank god peoole have different tastes.
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Postby KISSfan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:32 pm

After seeing mac's picture I've suddenly I've lost my appetite.

I'm 5 foot 5 and 135 lbs so it doesn't look like I'm really hairy. But when I take off my shirt people are always surpried that my belly has this jungle of hair on it. Don't wanna shave it though, too much of a hassle.
KISSfan

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:16 pm

Ben wrote:As a lover of bodyhair, I say keep your body hair buddy. If somebody is shallow enough to complain about something like that, he is always gonna find something new to bitch about anyway.

Yes Ben! Don't shave the "real men"! There are plenty of "hairless twinks" for those that are into that s**t.

Save the "real men" for "real men"!

Postby Brandon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:57 am

Far from Flaming wrote:
Ben wrote:As a lover of bodyhair, I say keep your body hair buddy. If somebody is shallow enough to complain about something like that, he is always gonna find something new to bitch about anyway.

Yes Ben! Don't shave the "real men"! There are plenty of "hairless twinks" for those that are into that s**t.

Save the "real men" for "real men"!

AMEN, Brother!
Brandon

Postby Screamer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:15 pm

I smile real big when I hear "hairless twink" 'cause that's basically me. It's not like that's what I wanted! Given the choice, I'd rather be the super-cool captain of the football team, up to his neck in cheerleader ass. But there's only so much we get to choose.
Screamer

never liked it

Postby mark91345 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:14 pm

I have too much body hair, especially on my back. I never liked it, and no-one I know likes back hair either. I bought something called a Razorba (see website www.razorba.com).

It's a plastic tool to which you add your razor and it helps immensely (I did my back today with it).

Whether some guys like back hair, or not, is immaterial to me, as I don't like it.

I don't care for "bears", as they always seem fat (I'm fat too)... and I am not attracted to that either.

I have considered laser removal. The benefit is that it is a long-term removal system (when done correctly), but it is costly.
mark91345

Re: Body Hair

Postby masculinity » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

wejust wrote:Hey guys, well I have a hair back and i hate it, i have just split from my b/f who loved it so i didnt bother waxing it. But i just wanted to know whether there is a permanent way of removing the hair?

Cheers

How can you do such a 'gay' thing as removing your body hair, and still be 'straight acting'?
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity

Re: Body Hair removal

Postby mark91345 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 pm

How can you do such a 'gay' thing as removing your body hair, and still be 'straight acting'?

Over the years, I've listened to some straight men mention that would like less/more body hair; however, back hair is pretty much UNdesireable.

I'm not saying that is a straight-versus-gay thing; it is just a commonly-held belief in our society (I am not judging it, just noticing it).
mark91345

Postby edu999 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 pm

I know a couple of straight men who shave/trim their chest hair.

I know A LOT of straight men who shave their balls and trim the pubic hair above their genitals.
edu999

Postby DeckApe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:35 am

I will occasionally shave my balls, mostly upon request from my man. Perhaps a trim on the north side, but nothing more. After all, I am a bear, and shaving would just look silly until I found a good stopping point, which would be somewhere around my cheekbones and ankles. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby masculinity » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:53 pm

edu999 wrote:I know a couple of straight men who shave/trim their chest hair.

I know A LOT of straight men who shave their balls and trim the pubic hair above their genitals.

Ever heard of queer Heterosexuality?

The problem with the Western classification of Straight-gay is that a lot of queers are in the straight group, because straight is defined as heterosexual, and these are 'heterosexual' queers, while, a lot of straight men are thrown from the straight group into the queer/ gay group because straight identity rules out anything to do with men, which are all and sundry put into the queer identity.

So, that explains how a lot of so-called 'straight' men do things like shave their balls and pubic hair and stuff.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

masculinity

Re: Body Hair removal

Postby masculinity » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 pm

mark91345 wrote:

Over the years, I've listened to some straight men mention that would like less/more body hair; however, back hair is pretty much UNdesireable.

I'm not saying that is a straight-versus-gay thing; it is just a commonly-held belief in our society (I am not judging it, just noticing it).

I don't know about western culture, but out here in India, its pretty desirable.

But then again, I've been saying it all along, Western heterosexual society is basically queer in nature.

masculinity

Postby furface » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 pm

masculinity wrote:But then again, I've been saying it all along, Western heterosexual society is basically queer in nature.

From your perspective. :)
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby edu999 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Yeah, huh.

India is not the world. Neither is the west. What works for you may or may not work over here, and vice-versa. Just because it's an older culture doesn't mean it has the correct answers.
edu999

Postby dracuscalico » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Ben wrote:
My theory is that if somebody has a thing against hairy backs, he could very well find himself not caring one bit just as long as the personal chemistry between him and his guy is perfect.
That's at least how my brain works.

I liked a guy until I saw how hairy his back was. It was like an ape or gorilla or something in Guiness Book of World Records, It was so thick, nasty and hideous, he says he's never gotten a mosquito bite. He was Greek and said being hairy is common. None of the Ancient Greeks were depicted like that to my recollection...
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Straight Acting Men