How do you know if a guy is gay?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Postby Irishvaron » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:11 pm

qwertz wrote:I think he means this:

http://www.geocities.com/g0ys/index.htm

Interesting. So we have another subset called "g0ys", eh? I'm not sure what to make of this. I myself am not a flamer but think this goes a bit over the top. The site seems to lump even people like myself in with flamers since I for one have no problem *$#*@# a guy up the bum. Sheesh, anal sex doesn't make you less masculine no matter what these boneheads think.
Irishvaron

Postby SierraBear » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:58 am

Irishvaron wrote:
qwertz wrote:I think he means this:

http://www.geocities.com/g0ys/index.htm

Interesting. So we have another subset called "g0ys", eh? I'm not sure what to make of this. I myself am not a flamer but think this goes a bit over the top. The site seems to lump even people like myself in with flamers since I for one have no problem *$#*@# a guy up the bum. Sheesh, anal sex doesn't make you less masculine no matter what these boneheads think.

This comes up every once in a while here, and it seems that most everyone here would agree with you.
SierraBear

Re: How do you know if a guy is gay?

Postby SierraBear » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:59 am

jman2005 wrote:Im bisexual and have horrible gaydar. How do u know if a guy is gay? Especially since theyre masculine.

The easiest way to tell if he's gay is if he swalows :lol:
SierraBear

Postby Irishvaron » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:45 am

SierraBear wrote:This comes up every once in a while here, and it seems that most everyone here would agree with you.

Well it makes no sense to me. Even some straight men would agree that Western society has placed to many restrictions on men expressing affection for each other, but in a nonsexual way. If taking or giving it up the bum affects one's masculinity, what do they think French kissing another man or taking his cock into one's mouth does? Seems like closet-cases to me, afraid to admit that they are gay or bi.
Irishvaron

Postby charmcitywop » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 pm

kentmanwa wrote:My ex always says look at the eyes and if it's more than x amount of seconds, he's probably gay.

Hmmm... Now you've got me wondering how I register on other people's gaydar. My own is not very good, but that's an interesting point about the eye contact. I'm actually rather shy and as a reflex I will break eye contact. Sadly, the cuter the guy, the faster I usually avert! I wonder if that reads as "straight" or just "bitchy".

Vince
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby Texas_Thang » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:48 pm

Vince -

Steve and I have decided you and Jonathan need to come to Dallas and we'll decide on your gaydar. :P

Paul
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby charmcitywop » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:04 am

Texas_Thang wrote:Vince -

Steve and I have decided you and Jonathan need to come to Dallas and we'll decide on your gaydar. :P

Paul

How 'bout I come to Dallas and just tell Jonathan I'm at my mother's.
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby jakethdog » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:52 pm

hi guys, ok my first post so go easy. my experience is it really is in the eyes I myself have clocked many guys that would readily admit being gay. also many that did not identify as gay but could not resist showing me their cocks casualy in the bathroom and or lockeroom. as well as many that totaly denied even looking at me but still would show me their cock just because I wanted to look at it. I have to say that for the most part I do not come across as a gay guy (even though I am ) and the only people who know are the ones I choose to tell but when I am wherever I am and I see a guy that makes eye contact with me I can ussually clock him I think if you get comfortable with who you are and don't worry about being condemed by society you will be able to use this concept. OH I also have to say that there are ALOT of times that this happens when I REALLY don't want to see the guy's cock so it is a double edged sword so to speak ha ha
take care and it is all human fella's
jake
jakethdog

Postby jakethdog » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:58 pm

I forgot to add this all usually hapens in my daily life it does not seem to matter weather I am at the grocery store or the airport,mall hardware stoe dogtrack etc. etc. it just seems to happen (I am not complaining ) but want you to know that guys DO like to show off their dicks and sometimes it leads to MORE
again it is all human
jake
jakethdog

Postby Negate » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:35 am

Jake is alright for me to envy you now?
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby jakethdog » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:10 pm

Negate wrote:Jake is alright for me to envy you now?

well I don't think you should as I said the reality is that guys like to show their cocks and EVEN so called straight guys do my experience has been that the so called straight guys like to even more as it is really the ultimate compliment to them when another ( guy ) wants to see their dick but you have to be careful with this as you really just do not go up and say ( show me your dick ) the signs are there the (look) the wink is a really good one and sometimes I just go up and say (hey bud great day huh? ) then a casual wink and mostly they follow me to the nearest place that is out of the way (BTW) elevators are great but hallways out of the mall are good as well and the pubic B/R in homedepot as well don't get me wrong I do not have sex in the corridor but it is VERY cool to get a guy to show you his dick and well sometimes situations permit more
as I have said before it is all human and so are we
jake
jakethdog

Hmmmm

Postby TNguy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:21 pm

I don't drink (alcohol) or smoke, so I find it very hard to get guys to loosen up. I'm 36 and my gaydar works like crap. LOL

I've been paying more attention to eye contact. Maybe I'll eventually have luck with that.
TNguy

Re: Hmmmm

Postby Smitty » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:58 pm

TNguy wrote:I've been paying more attention to eye contact. Maybe I'll eventually have luck with that.

Yeah, but then you need to know if the eye contact means fu** or fight.
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby darkwolf » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:41 pm

my biggest problem is being too shy too, i also break eye cotact as soon as we lock, partially cause im afraid that itll be that one in a million guy who like nothing better than to bash me but mostly its nerves any suggestions to get over them?
darkwolf

Postby Foodude » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:49 am

wow... gaydar?? waaa? foreign language.... Ya that's how accurate my radar is.. althought I THINK I manage to identify a dog that was gay but that's about it :P(what kind of cruel person do you have to be to force a dog to wear tutus??!!) I'm so oblivious to these type of things, my friends would often have to tell me someone made a pass at me for me to notice... I do agree with the eye theory though, I don't use it in the same way but you can always tell if someone is confident, funny, etc etc if they can hold eye contact or other eye motions during a conversation. :lol:
Foodude

Postby rovie » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:57 am

I learned to hold reasonable eye contact from an early age BUT only because it was polite and a manly thing to do. However, in those days it was considered impolite to stare at anyone.

So I'm thinking that the distinctions still hold. It's a good thing to keep good eye contact with whoever you are talking to. But there is a kind of stare that indicates that you are interested in a guy.... but it can also be interpreted as impolite or even hostile. So gays need to have wisdom to tell the difference.
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby Darth_Phallus » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 am

Well I would say probably the best indication of whether someone is gay or not, is if they offer to suck your c*ck then chances are their probably gay :twisted:
Darth_Phallus

Postby HaloGrinder » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Well I would say probably the best indication of whether someone is gay or not, is if they offer to suck your c*ck then chances are their probably gay

HA HA HA!

Okay, who wants to take Darth's gay test?
HaloGrinder

Postby Darth_Phallus » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:47 pm

HaloGrinder wrote:
Well I would say probably the best indication of whether someone is gay or not, is if they offer to suck your c*ck then chances are their probably gay

HA HA HA!

Okay, who wants to take Darth's gay test?

I'd love to show you how gay I am...And we can drape your naked body in a Soviet flag while I prove it :P :twisted: :wink:
Darth_Phallus

Postby M4n1c » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:36 pm

Irishvaron wrote:
Well if he wants to suck your cock that's usually a good clue... :wink:

:?

Yeah, but the only thing that says is that he has the capacity to be sexually attracted to men, not how gay he is or whether or not he'd consider dating. I've had plenty of my supposedly straight friends get drunk with me, screw around one night, and then with the same energy they attacked oral sex, they fled the scene. This may be great for fooling around, but awful for trying to meet someone for anything meaningful.
M4n1c

Postby Darth_Phallus » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:16 pm

M4n1c wrote:
Irishvaron wrote:
Well if he wants to suck your cock that's usually a good clue... :wink:

:?

Yeah, but the only thing that says is that he has the capacity to be sexually attracted to men, not how gay he is or whether or not he'd consider dating. I've had plenty of my supposedly straight friends get drunk with me, screw around one night, and then with the same energy they attacked oral sex, they fled the scene. This may be great for fooling around, but awful for trying to meet someone for anything meaningful.

:shock: It was clearly a joke dude. Lighten Up.
Darth_Phallus

Postby BlackmanXXX » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:50 pm

You know a guy is gay if you catch him having sex with another male. He might be a closeted homosexual or bisexual. He might have a wife and kids or maybe a girlfriend. But he is definitely not
straight.
http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=496298

I need to engage in bisexual behavior on a massive scale. It cannot be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.
BlackmanXXX

Postby Jesse » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:21 am

i also have gaydar but it failed me horribly recently. i guess i can't say i was wrong because this friend and i completely stopped communicating.

at first i thought alec was gay and as i got to know him i came to realize he wasn't gay, or so he said. the more i got to know him the more i realized he was right. i still wasn't 100% convinced.

i came out to him one night after a night of drinking. i was surprised he was ok with it. we hung out more after that but once he graduated from college i saw less of him because i was still in school.

i'd like to know and hope that he stopped speaking to me because he knew he had issues with himself that he needed to work out. he told me that i was the only person that had ever tolerated him the way i did. he was very impatient and didn't like big crowds.

now to present day, there's deron. i mentioned him in another thread several times. he's married but he does things that make me wonder if he's curious or just a typical straight dude that doesn't realize he's sending mixed signals. if anything, i think he sees me more of a brother than anything. it would be great if that's all he wants.

then there's jeff, who also works at the same place as me. he's very good- looking with a killer smile. i saw him at a local brewery once (i was with alec) and wanted to hang out with him but alec said we were leaving so we left. we had an argument that night. lol. the past few months i've noticed that jeff will come up and small talk then quickly leave. he'll also drop hints of wanting to go to a club. he'll say so and so is at a certain club but he'll never come out and ask if i want to go. he'll give in soon.
Jesse

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 pm

Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Texas_Thang » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:17 pm

It actually can be VERY rude if they aren't... think about it..
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

PreviousNext

Return to Straight Acting Men