What Are Your Most Masculine Traits?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

What Are Your Most Masculine Traits?

Postby rovie » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:45 am

What do you consider are your most masculine, or straightacting, traits?

Is it the way you walk or talk, is it what you wear or how you cut your hair or beard, how you relate to people, or is it your work or what you drive that adds most to your straightacting tally? Maybe you consider yourself to be a masculine, or straightacting, all-rounder.

I was just thinking today as I was driving about, what is it that makes a gay guy identify as straightacting. I was entertaining the idea that you could have several very different guys from metrosexual to butch all consider themselves as straightacting/masculine..... and in my view.... they could all be right.

Rovie
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby Jrb114 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:32 pm

Hey Rovie.....

As i was sitting here thinking about this, i found it was hard to. I keep thinking about the most feminine traits simply cause they are theones i strive to change, but the masculine ones? Hmmm I'd have to say eating. I mean at 200 and change im no small guy, but i am not by anymeans huge. I just like to eat. I think that is one of my most masculine traits......
"Victory is Mine!!!"
Jrb114

Postby BlackmanXXX » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:35 pm

Let's see. I'm a little over six feet tall and I'm a big black guy with some flesh on his bones. I talk like a regular guy but I read a lot so it shows when I use words that most people don't use.
I respect sports and athletes but I'm not crazy about them. I like
looking at the pretty girls and of course, the pretty boys but that's just me. I'm just one of the guys, I guess. I'm not that good a dresser, I don't like watching Oprah, Lifetime, Oxygen or any of that stuff that stereotypically only women and some gay men watch.
I'm REALLY into Sci-Fi. It's practically all that I watch. I love Tv shows such as Angel, Buffy TVS, Charmed, Roswell, Big Wolf On
Campus, The Outer Limits and of course, Chappelle's Show on
Comedy Central. I love Saturday Night Live and Mad TV. I need to exercise this summer. Oh, I'm healthy. I could be doing better, you know. Yeah, that's me.
http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=496298

I need to engage in bisexual behavior on a massive scale. It cannot be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.
BlackmanXXX

Postby Sconesss » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:46 pm

Watching things like Buffy and Angel are masculine :lol:
I was asked "how's it going", to which I replied "it's going, not sure where because I'm in no condition to drive."
Sconesss

Postby darkwolf » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:18 pm

hey i watch the same shows so it must mean something :D
well i like to drive fast, i love horror movies especially when ppl are being torn to shreds, i collect knives and swords, i talk like a regular guy, at least i think so, i have no fashion sense so to say, i wear what i want when i want though its usually jeans and a t-shirt or sleaveless, and boots, i suppose those are masculine traits.
darkwolf

Postby Ikarus » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:41 pm

What an odd yet challenging inquiry.... Hmm, my most masculine attribute? I suppose it's my physical appearance. I've got broad shoulders and many people tell me I look "fierce" (and not in the drag queen terminology way... :P ) I'd say my voice is pretty deep... Oh, and I love horror flicks as well! The bloodier, scarier, the better.
"Life is a highway; I wanna ride all night long. If you're going my way...."
Ikarus

Postby devilnuts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 pm

Ikarus wrote:What an odd yet challenging inquiry.... Hmm, my most masculine attribute? I suppose it's my physical appearance. I've got broad shoulders and many people tell me I look "fierce" (and not in the drag queen terminology way... :P ) I'd say my voice is pretty deep... Oh, and I love horror flicks as well! The bloodier, scarier, the better.

Weren't both Final Destinations just great? And what about The Cube?
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:03 pm

I dunno Rove...

When I think of what they are, I don't know what traits I have, i'd say are to be considered masculin or not.. I like cars..? but I know lotsa chicks that like musclecars and go to the track with thier husbands and race.. so that cancels that.

I used to think stuff like nice thick beards and hary chests were all masculin male traits, but I know now... thats no longer what they are, rather, they are just fukin hot. :lol:

I dunno... :?
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby devilnuts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:05 pm

My most masculine trait(s) hang(s) between my legs and occassionally gets sat on when wearing boxers. Other than that anything else is up in the air as to whether it's masculine or not.
devilnuts

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:08 pm

devilnuts wrote:My most masculine trait(s) hang(s) between my legs and occassionally gets sat on when wearing boxers. Other than that anything else is up in the air as to whether it's masculine or not.

You have great big lowhangers too? hurts like a bitch don't it? :o
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby devilnuts » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Schlodesss wrote:
devilnuts wrote:My most masculine trait(s) hang(s) between my legs and occassionally gets sat on when wearing boxers. Other than that anything else is up in the air as to whether it's masculine or not.

You have great big lowhangers too? hurts like a bitch don't it? :o

I don't know if they are lowhangers or if the weather is just so hot that they try to get away from my crotch to cool down...lmao. But yes, it does hurt...that's why I rarely wear boxers. I usually wear boxer briefs or briefs to keep them in place. When I go commando I have to be careful though...OUCH!!!! :shock:
devilnuts

Postby thingie » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:27 am

my purse.
I hope my sensitive female side is wearing sensible leather pumps.
thingie

Postby Earl Butz » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:03 am

I belch like a trucker. :D
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Smitty » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:55 am

thingie wrote:my purse.

You crack me up. :lol:

Pro'ly my beard. The little kid next door called me 'Mr. Santa' today. Think I'll go open a vein. :(
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:36 am

Listen Santa,

Why don't you just open a camera lense and lets see... I bet the beard is quite nice :wink:
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Cajun » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:18 am

The truck - gotta be the truck...

But in my defense, it DOES serve it's purpose very usefully, right Jason??? :wink:
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby rovie » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:37 am

Steve
When I think of what they are, I don't know what traits I have, i'd say are to be considered masculine or not.. I like cars..? but I know lotsa chicks that like musclecars and go to the track with thier husbands and race.. so that cancels that.

Hey Steve - Are you kidding? You love musclecars, you own them, work with them, you go out with them, compete in them.... I'd agree with you if you just turned up at the track on the weekend with your boyfriend...

When were beards and body hair not masculine? ..... you weren't indirectly referring to the bearded lady were you?
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby RedRage00 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:38 am

Cajun wrote:The truck - gotta be the truck...

But in my defense, it DOES serve it's purpose very usefully, right Jason??? :wink:

Yeah, it's your truck :wink:

Me....I don't know
RedRage00

Postby basketballfan29 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:40 pm

Im not really sure, but all my str8 friends think its weird for a gay guy to dip. I played baseball all through school and its just natural for me to do that.
I dont wanna be a teaze... but can u undo my zipper pleaze
basketballfan29

Postby Brandon » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:31 pm

I think the most masculine aspect of me is my walk and my general body language. I call all my male friends "buddy" and to some gay guys, this is very scary ( I really have no idea why)

I'm a short and somewhat thin guy, so my physical presence is not at all intimidating. I don't lisp, but my voice is sort of normal - neither high pitched nor very deep.
Brandon

Postby Smitty » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:38 pm

RedRage00 wrote:Me....I don't know

It's the pink Spurs jersey you bought off eBay. :lol:
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby LongHornA4Boy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:00 pm

Cajun wrote:But in my defense, it DOES serve it's purpose very usefully, right Jason??? :wink:

It turns dudes on to you....that's what it does.

MY most masc. trait would probably be getting real aggressive when I drink and sometimes getting into fights (don't worry guys, if I drink around you, I'll be cool.....only when I feel threatened).
LongHornA4Boy

Big Deal?

Postby retlaw23 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:52 pm

People worry to much about it, why? We all have some traits that could are fem, so do the str8 guys, if you pay attention. Who are we trying to impress, be yourself and forget about what people think. "Its when they stop talking (about you) is when you have to worry." Yes there are some guys that take it to the extreme and they could bring it down a bit, but otherwise I dont really judge. That may not be who I am or who I would date but its cool for them, my bro is kind of fem and so are his friends and it works for them. Remember "Life is a banquet and some poor son of a bitches are starving."
Walter
jaxalaska@aol.com

"No! God help me. I don't want to get married. It's fine if
everybody else wants to, but even if I was straight I
wouldn't get married." ~Lily Tomlin
retlaw23

Postby ditchdigger » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:47 pm

Masculine traits?

How about going to the bathroom half asleep during the night and forgetting to put the seat up...
ditchdigger

Postby Ikarus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:12 pm

devilnuts wrote: Weren't both Final Destinations just great? And what about The Cube?

Oh yeah! I loved them both! I'm not embarrassed to admit I also loved Candyman. Scary, Scary man!
"Life is a highway; I wanna ride all night long. If you're going my way...."
Ikarus

Next

Return to Straight Acting Men