What Are Your Most Masculine Traits?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Postby Creature » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:24 pm

God......

My most masculine trait is that I am comfortable with my self and don't really sit around femininely internalising how masculine I am or am not. Having no fashion sense is not a masculine trait. It means you don't care how your present yourself to the world. Being a slob doesn't make you a man. Growing a beard is a Biological ability and can give you the appearance of being masculine.........much like dressing in women's clothing can give you the appearance of being a woman. Fixing a flat or changing the oil in your car doesn't mean someone might not suspect you suck dick on your down time....It means you took the time to learn, or maybe had a strong guy in your life that showed you. It is really ridiculous that many people in this forum judge their manhood by the ideals of masculinty from a society that thinks guns and killing make you a man.
This site is soooooooooooooo QUEER!!! And I don't mean queer in the homosexual sense. I mean in the WIERD sense. Do you all sit around and ponder how masculine you are? And what are your masculine traits? Do you realise that this in and of itself is a very FEMININE form of internalizing things.
I would urge all of you to google "gay George W Bush". See what evil and aggression a conflicted homosexual is capable of.

Thanks
Creature
Creature

Postby madsglen » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:19 am

Creature wrote:God......

This site is soooooooooooooo QUEER!!! And I don't mean queer in the homosexual sense. I mean in the WIERD sense. Do you all sit around and ponder how masculine you are? And what are your masculine traits? Do you realise that this in and of itself is a very FEMININE form of internalizing things.

Welcome to the board, Creature. I'm a 'newbie' to this board, too, but I've spent a lot of time reading and considering the thoughts people have expressed here. I think you'll find (if you explore the board a bit) that the answer to the first question is 'no'. There are threads here that do explore the questions everyone has about what it means to be masculine. For themselves as individuals, to society in general, within the gay 'community'(whatever THAT is...). There are as many perspectives here as there are anywhere else. Some are quite serious. Some are just for fun (although there can be a hard-edged truth underneath) That's a good thing. I've certainly had my eyes opened, my pre-conceptions challenged and my understanding broadened over time.

Do many people on this board think or talk about 'their masculine traits'? If that means the activities they are interested in or what makes them happy with themselves and their lives, I guess so. If they also express their frustrations and challenges with the expectations of 'being a man' in their world or what's affected them throughout their lives, then yes. Is it all this board is or has been about? I think not. Is there a lot of pretty serious stuff discussed here, yep, there is. Are there also fun threads for the members to use to get to know each other, to, 'rant and rave' or to just 'get my stuff out there'? Absolutely. From what I can tell that's where some of the real discussion and learning takes place.

Personally, I disagree with your last statement. Using this board as a medium to connect with others from all over the world isn't 'internalizing' anything. It's an opportunity to express thoughts and personal opinions, give or receive support, ask questions, explore and to learn from others. It's many things to many people. For some, I expect it's a way to reach out to others in the world for all of the above since there are challenges or obstacles that would otherwise force them to internalize their thoughts, fears, questions, etc. And actually, from my experience 'internalizing' is perceived as a masculine trait rather than a feminine trait. And not always a very healthy one.

Although I haven't had the privilege of developing much of a relationship with the guys that regularly visit SA.com yet, I hope that will happen over time. [I should also add 'ladies' - wait until you get to know the charming and fascinating Ms. Charles] I've found them all (with a few exceptions) to be genuine, helpful, supportive, bright, informative, funny and thoughtful.

You haven't asked for advice or suggestions, Creature, but here's mine. Hang out here a bit. Read some of the threads and take it all in. Ask more questions if you want to. Be open to (and respectful of) what others express. Maybe you'll find there's something of value to you to be found on this board even if it's just a fun place to hang out for a little while.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby Creature » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:27 am

OK.......................so I have read some posts and I can see the jest.
Creature

Postby BlackmanXXX » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:16 am

I pee standing up.
http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=496298

I need to engage in bisexual behavior on a massive scale. It cannot be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.
BlackmanXXX

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:00 pm

I'm a total provider and my sense of responsibilty and loyalty are probably the most traditionally masculine traits.

I'm a dad. A single dad for the longest time.

I also fart a lot. Very loudly.

Postby rovie » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:25 am

I'm comfortable in the way I speak, think and move as a male and if I want to have a pink mug and straw to drink out of - I will with impudence... no matter who is around.
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby M4n1c » Sat May 06, 2006 1:41 pm

I have trouble expressing or sharing my emotions.
M4n1c

Postby HaloGrinder » Sun May 07, 2006 10:45 am

I am a misogynist.

and

I frequently unconsciously target "weak" males.

Trying to stop doing it...but its a hard habit to break.
HaloGrinder

Postby GX » Mon May 08, 2006 12:12 pm

I put my lipstick on in a masculine way :P
GX

Postby HaloGrinder » Mon May 08, 2006 12:28 pm

GX wrote:I put my lipstick on in a masculine way :P

HA HA!
HaloGrinder

Postby Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 5:29 pm

HaloGrinder wrote:I am a misogynist.

and

I frequently unconsciously target "weak" males.

Trying to stop doing it...but its a hard habit to break.

You vile pig of a man. :wink:
How dare you be such an Alpha Male! :lol:
How sexy! :wink: :lol:

Postby Ashn Dust » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 am

My youtube account is full of fight scenes, everything from action movies to japanese animation. I play first person shooters all the time and go to fighting game tournaments.

My favorite thing is victory and the thing I hate the most is defeat. I'm always ready to defend myself and throw down when walking around at night. Its such a rush.

HELL YEAH
Just as luck appears in three, so does misfortune. Because you don't want to see it, you don't see it coming. Even if you notice it, you don't say anything. Even if you're told, you don't listen. Then boom, the end comes.
Ashn Dust

Postby dracuscalico » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:46 am

I will bark or growl like a dog in the gym. Sometimes using it as a greeting to buddies who are on the other side of the gym. Not the Arsenio Hall thing, but a singular rough animalistic sound that says we are the pack. When one guy barks the others bark back. I know it seems infantile, but it's so cool and feels great.

(to the naysayers, yes, I was the ringleader who started the whole thing because I happen to growl during intense workouts and my workout partner said I was worse than his rotweiller. I got in his face and barked at the end of the set and he got embarassed and left. Everytime I saw him I would bark as a greeting to rub it in. Eventually he started barking back and it became the in thing that our gym buddies did as a greeting)
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby stiletto » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm pretty aloof and intellectually independent, and I'm also a little too self-involved, which basically translates into me being somewhat of a commitment phobe. As soon as others begin looking to me as a source of dependability, or I start feeling responsible for another person or something, I get freaked out (though admittedly all due to my own personal issues.) This seems to go for friendships, as well. I'm okay with being responsible for myself, but add another person into the mix, and I get a strong desire to flee so I can maintain my 'freedom' or whatever.

I can also be pretty blunt. Sometimes sugarcoating things just makes me feel rather disingenuous, which is a quality I tend to not be very fond of.
stiletto

Previous

Return to Straight Acting Men