Why do lesbians behave more accordingly to their gender?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Why do lesbians behave more accordingly to their gender?

Postby Desperate » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:35 am

Why do lesbian women behave much more accordingly to their gender than female impersonators (gay "men")?
Being gay means being feminine!
Desperate

Postby Laiku » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 am

Do you mean, that more lesbians are acting "feminine" or what do you mean?

If you mean that, maybe it's because there probably aren't that many (visible or not) butch lesbians who are conform with the stereotype. On the other hand, well I think everyone here knows what sort of gay guy is still the most visible, no matter how rare that one truly is.
Laiku

Postby CollegePepper » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't think I have noticed lesbians acting more like their gender than gay males.

I do notice that lesbians tend to "advertise" their sexuality a lot more than gay males. I often find lesbians making out in very public and even inappropriate places - often times just to be seen.

Now of course not all lesbians are this way, but I do notice they're more comfortable in their skin than gay males - and that's due to society being more accepting of lesbians.
CollegePepper

Postby solat » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Yesterday, I met a masculine lesbian the size of a brick s*ithouse whom you wouldn't want to get into a tangle with. The other wore Channel and done up like Di on bennies.

Unless you met all several million women around the globe who identify as lesbian, it's probably not a good idea to stereotype - even if your aim with this post is to push your g0y/iso-prophyllactic (or whatever) agenda.
solat

Postby chainers » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 pm

My friend is actually a lesbian, and she is butch as hell.

Well, let me put it this way. If she were to fight any guy at my school, I would put the money on her.

I think the difference is the tomboys (I thought she was one when I first met her), it camo's them. If we had flamboyant acting straight men, gay guys could fly under the radar as well.
chainers

Postby Laiku » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:53 am

Dam true :roll:
Laiku

Re: Why do lesbians behave more accordingly to their gender?

Postby Screamer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:57 am

Desperate wrote:Why do lesbian women behave much more accordingly to their gender than female impersonators (gay "men")?

Because they're boring and unimaginative?
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Sportsguy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I know a few lesbians that are very ladylike. It is not good to generalize!
Sportsguy

Return to Straight Acting Men